3 ingredient Raw Vegan Brownie (sugar and gluten free)
I already told you how to make a vegan brownie a few posts ago, the typical baked one and with lots of chocolate.
Well, today I bring a very special one, a raw vegan brownie made with only 3 ingredients! Then oven is not required, although lots of chocolate are!
If you take a look at my last posts, you’ll see that choosing between cacao and carob is being imposible to me.
Both of them are very similar in nutritional value, just there’s a light difference in their tastes. Even though I got someone tricked into thinking carob was cacao with my protein balls and carob hearts… haha
I think the advantage of these raw vegan brownies is that oven is not necessary, then it means less steps (and you’ll safe time, of course).
On the other hand, you only need to have 3 ingredients and all of them are very easy ti find anywhere!!
This time I used cashews to make my raw vegan brownie “dough”, but you can replace them with peanuts, walnuts or a mix of all of them.
Furthermore, if you cheeck the ingredient list, none of them is sugar, not even unrefined sugar. Calm down though! Our brownie will be very sweet!
We are going to use dates instead. Dates are a great goodness and they are going to give a very nice texture to the raw desert.
So… why including dates to our daily diet?
If you did not know, dates are a very energizing fruit but contains just a little bit of fat and it does contain lots of vitamines, fibre, potassium, magnesium and calcium and it is a natural antioxidant.
Maybe you still think those are not good reasons, but what about if I tell you that even though dates are super sweet, they do not raise our blood sugar level (that’s exactly what refined sugar does!!).
3 ingredient Raw Vegan Brownie Recipe (sugar and gluten free)
Ingredients for 4 brownies portions:
- 1 cup cashews
- 12 pitted dates
- 3 cacao powder
- Optional covering: 2 tsp coconut oil and 2 tsp cacao powder
- Soak the cashew overnight or at least for 5 hours (in the fridge).
- Thow the cashew wáter away and place them in a food processor with the dates and cacao powder. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture in a mould and let it rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Covering: if the coconut oil is solid, melt (about 30 seconds in the microwave) and mix it with cacao powder. Pour this mixture over our brownie. The brownie can be served now or it can rest in the fridge again to get the covering hardened.