Brownie Cookies (sugar and oil free)
If you like cookies and brownies, you are in the right place because today I share a very special recipe with you, a brownie cookies with no sugar and no oil.
I love these cookies, they are the ideal chocolate dosis to take in any moment of the day.
I am a big fan of chocolate but I prefer making my own treats with pure fat-free cacao. Also I like the fact that I can add the sweetness I want or need.
In addition, these cookies are easier to take with you to the office or the uni than a traditional brownie.
I don’t want to tell big tail of them because they “sell” them by their own. So let’s see the recipe!
Oil and Sugar Free Brownie Cookies Recipe:
Ingredients to make 12 cookies:
- 1/2 avocado (about 100 gr)
- A few lemon drops
- 80 ml plant based milk (I used soy milk)
- 2/3 cup date cream (you can use any type of sweetener, but in case you use sugar or syrup, you’ll need less than 2/3 cup because they are sweeter than date cream)
- 5,5 gr baking soda
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 200 gr flour (I used rye flour)
- A few walnuts (I used 15 gr)
- Optional: chocolate chips
- Frosting: 60 ml plant based milk (I used oat milk), 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder and 1 tbsp date cream (or the sweetener of your choice)
- Preheat the oven up to 345º F
- Smash the avocado and lemon with a fork
- Add the milk, vanilla and date cream.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl (but walnuts). Stir well.
- If you decide to add chocolate chips, you should add them now and mix with the dough.
- Shape 12 uniform balls and place them on the baking tray with baking paper, crush the balls to make the cookie shape
- Mince the walnuts and spread them over the cookies
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
- Meanwhile let’s make the frosting. First warm the milk during one minute (microwave oven), add the cacao powder and the sweetener, stir well.
- Once the cookies are out of the oven, we can spread the frosting over them.
And that’s it, just let them cool before serving, anyway, I recommend have the a little warm, they are even tastier.