Every one, or almost every one, have tried a burrito, but probably just a few ones have tried a burrito soup and, incredibly as it may seem, this soup is amazing.
Despite the number of ingredients, the recipe is very simple and is made in a short time. The vegetales you’ll find here are cut into big pieces and, on the other hand, ingredients such a sweet corn or black beams are easier to find already cooked.
I’m sure this burrito soup will surprise you and will win you over, actually that’s exactly what happen to me. In addition, having a warm meal is always welcome in autumn/winter.
Recipe to make Burrito Soup:
Ingredients for 4 serving:
- 1 medium-big onion
- 200 gr mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 125 gr quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock (375 ml)
- 4 tbs tomato paste
- 425 gr black beans (1 can)
- 140 gr sweet corn (1 small can)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 handful parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pepper and salt
- 2 corn or wheat tortillas or nachos
- 1 avocado
- In a pot, once the oil is warm, pour the cut into cubes and stir.
- When the onion is lightly cooked, add mushrooms (also cut into cubes). Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes cubes, salt, pepper and cumin. Add washed quinoa (I do it placing the quinoa into a strainer and let the water runs over it and stir with your finger). Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour water or vegetable stock and tomato paste. Bring to boil for 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa is completely cooked.
- Add one handful of chopped parsley, black beans and sweet corn. Stir and add salt (if needed) and let cook for two more minutes.
- Toast the tortillas, cut into triangles.
- To serve: add chopped parsley over it, 1/4 avocado and some tortilla triangles or nachos.