Courgetti with Pesto
Do you want to know something funny? I really needed to make this dish, not only because I love courgette, but because I received a lot (and I mean a lot!!) of eco courgettes from a group I joined a few mounths ago. So I said to myself “what are you waiting for to make a courgetti with pesto sauce???”
And of course, I had to shared it with you because it is as easy as healthy and delicious. Also a great way of having a raw vegan dish, so you get all the nutrients from courgettes (or zucchinis).
Courgettes contain just a few calories and a lot of water, vitamin C, potassium and fibre (this one mainly in the skin).
On the other hand, pesto is a delicious italian sauce typically mixed with pasta and it is made with a good handful of basil. I’m not sure if I already commented this, but I am a big basil enthusiast. For me basil smell is one of the pleasantest smells ever!
And at the end I topped my courgetti with some pine nuts I saved before blending and hemp seeds to add even more flavour and proteins. It is not necessary but it is highly recommended, this way you will get a dish even more beautiful.
So hope you enjoy this dish as much as me! 😉
- FOR THE COURGETTI
- 1 medium zucchini/courgette
- FOR THE PESTO
- 1/2 cup soakes overnight (or at least for 5 hours) pine nuts
- fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (extra virgin) olive oil
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hemp seed (optional)
- Place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- To make the noodles use a julienne peeler, spiraliser or similar and cut the courgette into strips.
- Mix in a bowl the pesto sauce, cherry tomatoes and cougetti, and serve. You can serve the courgetti in a plate and top it with the pesto as well.