Easy Vegan Ramen Recipe
Ramen is my favourite type of soup and that’s why I wanted to make it at home. On the other hand I didn’t want to make life difficult for myself, so I created this easy Vegan Ramen Recipe.
In addition, I used one of my favourite ingredient: peanut butter! And if you also love it, here you can find more peanut butter recipes.
I used just a few toppings but you can get creative and you can add mushrooms, corn, celery or boiled broccoli for example.
The only “complicated” thing will be the marinating the tofu, even though it is just preparing it at least half an hour before, that way the tofu will take up the taste. Actually if you can leave it rest longer, just do it!
As the recipe is quite short and easy, let’s stop chewing on this and take your apron!
Easy Vegan Ramen Recipe:
Ingredients for two serves:
- 200 gr silken tofu
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp miso
- a piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (or tahini)
- 100 gr ramen or crystal noodles
- Toppings: black mushrooms, chili flakes, spinach, corn, seaweed (kombu or wakame), etc.
- Marinate the tofu. Mix soy sauce and peanut butter and stir well until combine. Drain the tofu and cut in small dices, add it into the mixture, be sure it is well soaked and let it rest for at least half an hour. After that separe the tofu from the mixture (save this), place the tofu cube on a baking tray and bake for about 18 minutes (356 ºF).
- Meanwhile cook the onion and garlic with 500 ml water until they are soft. Pour this into a blender glass and add the mixture of soy sauce and peanut butter, miso, ginger and sesame seeds and blend until smooth. Add salt if it’s needed.
- Pour this mixture into a pot and bring it to boil, let it boil for about 3 minutes and the soup is ready.
- Cook the noodles (following its instructions) and prepare the other toppings you chose.
To serve, pour half of the soup into a bowl or plate, add noodles and baked tofu, from here you can get as creative as you want.