How to make Coconut Milk at home: easy, cheap and delicious
Today’s recipe is a very easy one, it is just about how to make coconut milk at home.
It is easy, but very useful, cheap and delicious.
For sure you know a nice coconut milk can be quite expensive, so making it at home it’s a very good idea. You only need a few minutes to prepare one liter of coconut milk and just one coconut.
And what is more interesting, you’ll get “material” to make smoothies or juices with the coconut water.
I love coconut milk, not only for its great flavor, but because it’s rich in grupos B vitamins and vitamin C. Also it contains proteins (2,30 gr) and potassium.
This is one of the first recipes I make with my new brand Optimun G2.1, this is being a great change in my life, really! It is so easy to blend anything!! It even has a special mode to make nut milks and I got a nut-milk bag with the blender. So I has one coconut and all that, what could I do? haha
Coconut Milk Recipe
Ingredients for 1 L. of coconut milk:
- Flesh of one coconut
- 1 liter of water
- Open the coconut and pull the flesh out
- Optional: peel the brown part of the flesh
- Blend the flesh with one liter of water until smooth
- Then strain the liquid off using a nut-milk bag
- Now the milk is ready and if you are not going to use it immediately, store it in a glass bottle in the fridge.
- Shake before use.