Peanut Butter Tofu Burritos
I love burritos and even more if they are as colourful as these peanut butter tofu burritos.
They are like a explosion of colour due to the fresh veggies, this is another reason to have this burritos, they are very fresh.
For sure you I said this before, but I LOVE colourful food, they look pretty and even more delicious and nutritious. Of course this happens only when they are purely natural.
Finally, and happily for all of us, this burritos are very easy to prepare. You know I love cooking but I prefer spending my time eating what I cook than cooking haha.
Peanut Butter Tofu Burritos Recipe
Ingredients for 4 burritos:
- 4 wheat tortillas
- 400 gr silken tofu
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs sugar free peanut butter
- 1 tbs unrefined cane sugar (or sugar)
- 50 gr red pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 40 gr. fresh spinach
- Cut the tofu into sticks (1×1 cm). Dry with a kitchen towel if needed.
- Fry the tofu sticks up to medium-high heat until brown on both sides.
- While the tofu is on the pan, cut the red pepper into julienne and grated the carrot (I used a peeler).
- When the tofu is ready, remove it from the pan and save. Place the peanut butter onto the pan until it is melted, then add the tofu stick and stir.
- Add the unrefined cane sugar (or the sweetener of your choice) and stir again. The tofu is ready when the peanut butter is almost dried.
- To make the burritos: put 3-4 tofu sticks onto a tortilla, add some carrot, red pepper and a few leaves of spinach. Then roll the tortilla, you can use a cord to help you (as I did :P)