Raw Vegan Carrot Cake
This delicious raw vegan carrot cake is the perfect desert or snack to have (and “cook”) in Summer. It is great to have it cool and if you like the traditional carrot cake, definitely you’re gonna love this one.
And this time I’d like to take the opportunity to talk about the coconut oil. I know a lot of people think is bad for heath but it is the very opposite, actually it is a super food which we should always have in our kitchens!
Its bad reputation comes from its saturated fats, but wait! We do need saturated fat, we only need to choose the good ones! The saturated fats found in processed products are completelly different and the effect in our body is different as well.
There are two kind of saturated fats, the one in coconut oil is a medium chain tryclicerides and the really bad one is a long chain tryclicerides. The big difference is the good one makes you feel better, it increases the amount of energy and boost the metabolism, exactly what we look for, don’t we?
So do not think longer and get your coconut oil as soon as possible and incorporate it into your diet. If you don’t know brands, I can tell you I use Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil (eco and organic) and you can get it from PuntoBio 😉
Then you can try this easy recipe and taste this super product.
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1 cup overnight soaked walnuts
- 2 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 12 pitted dates
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- FROSTING: 1 1/2 cup overnight soaked peanuts, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast and 1/4 cup plant milk
- For the cake, set all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. I like finding some pieces of walnuts tho.
- Place this mixture in a bowl or a tin, spread and press, then place it into the freezer while you make the frosting.
- Blend all the ingredients for the frosting and add water if it is needed.
- Cover the base with the frosting, cut it into slices and set one over the other. Place them into the freezer for 15 minutes and that’s it, serve it topped with walnuts to make it nicer!