I know telling you that potatoes are delicious in almost any way you prepare them is not a news but believe me, these roast potatoes you see on the picture and seasoned with the ingredients below are completely different.
The mix to season is quite easy to make and slicing the potatoes is not a problem if you help yourself with a skewer sticks.
For me the best way of having these delicious roast potatoes is with a salad like the on of the picture, I use curly endives but I think spinach would fit perfectly, then I added avocado (of course!), tomato, black beans (which I’m completely in love with), corn and dressed with lime and chili flakes.
The final touch was chopped parsley over the potatoes which gives them a fresh touch, yum!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp grounded garlic
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Chili flakes to taste
- And brochette sticks will be required, one for each potato, then we'll need 4.
- Optional: parsley to top
- Preheat the oven to 375º F
- Pierce each potato with a brochette stick just by a central point of them. Cut the potato around the stick from one end to the other, the result must be something like a spring. Then wash the potatoes carefully to not break them.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Place the potatoes on a pan or a baking sheet and spread every potato with the mixture very well, even among the cuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes upside down and bake for another 20 minutes (baking time depends on your oven, cuts and potatoes size).