Spaghetti with Aubergine and Peanut Butter
This Spaghetti with aubergine and peanut butter is so delicious and, what is even better, it is really simple, no mystery! Of course, it is very healthy and complete.
To start, I want to recommend to use wholemeal spaghetti, not only for this recipe, but in your daily diet. This kind of pasta contains more fibre and less refining processes, then it also keeps its minerals and vitamins. Obviously that means wholemeal spaghetti has more beneficial properties.
On the other hand, this spaghetti with aubergine and peanut butter is a wonderful 100% plant based protein source. That is because it is a mix of cereals (spaghetti) and nuts (peanut butter). In addition, eating veggies (aubergine) is something we have to do every single day.
You can make your own homemade peanut butter following this recipe. In this case a used a sugar free peanut butter I bought though. This is the ideal to cook, if you want the dish with a sweet touch you can add your favorite sweetener.
Anyway, you don’t have a good blender to get a very creamy peanut butter, I recommend you to use get one in a store.
Spaghetti with Aubergine and Peanut Butter Recipe
Ingredients for two persons:
- 2 portions of wholemeal spaghetti (I mesure every portion using my thumb and index finger, but it depends on how much you eat hehe)
- 1 medium aubergine (300 gr)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and dice the aubergine. Place this cubes on a kitchen paper and cover with salt (both sides) to remove the bitterness. Let rest during about 20 minutes. Dry with more paper time to time.
- Meanwhile bring water to boil with a little salt.
- Cook the spaghetti as long as the package says or like you prefer (al dente or softer).
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the aubergine cubes here (they must be very dried).
- When the aubergine gets a light brown, add the peanut butter, but it must be melted before, it can be done in the same pan using a little space of it.
- Stir well until the aubergine is well covered, stir for 3-4 more minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it into the pan with the aubergine and peanut butter. Stir well for two more minutes.
- Serve with minced chives, it gives a great flavour.