Spinach and Cherry Tomato Vegan Quiché
I know you haven been waiting for this vegan quiché since I posted a photo of it on Instagram, so here it is!
You’ll love this vegan quiché because is really easy, you know me simplicity and beauty is what I looks for.
There is a lot of people thinking that a vegan quiché is not possible, because traditional ingredients are not vegan at all. Nevertheless this spinach and cherry tomato quiche will surprise you for the result, very similar to the original, and its texture.
This recipe, without cream and egg, uses tofu instead (a grain) what makes it lighter and suitable to have it more frequently. Great, right?
Ingredients for one Spinach and Cherry Tomato Vegan Quiche (23 cm):
- 400 gr de silken tofu
- 150 gr fresh spinach
- 1 medium leek
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 gr cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground onion
- 1 puff pastry
- Preheat the oven up to 392º F.
- Lighly cook the chopped leek in hot oil. Add a little salt.
- Add fresh spinach and stir for 3-5 minutes, do not over cook them.
- In a deep bowl blend the tofu with spices, nutritional yeast and salt to taste.
- Mix the blended tofu with the spinach and leek.
- Spread out the puff pastry over the mould and follow its instructions (cook with its paper and poke it with a fork).
- Pour the mixture over the pastry and bake for 25 minutes.