Textured Soy Burger
I don’t want to exaggerate, but this is the best textured soy burger ever!
Seriously, I tried a couple of ways of making a textured soy burger and definitely this is the perfect recipe. This veggie burger is so tasty it will melt in your mouth!!
Furthermore, I confess I normally eat veggie burgers without bread, I mean, not as a burger, but as part of a dish with a salad for example, because they are a little dry to my taste. So if I like (and love) this one is because it’s really good.
Even if you aren’t a vegan or you weren’t looking for a veggie burger, I suggest trying this, I promise you will be pleasantly surprised.
My secret (not a really secret from now…) is adding nutmeg, it makes it extremely delightful. And if you also prepare the avocado sauce, your day will be made!
So try it and enjoy!
Textured Soy Burger Recipe
Ingredients for two burgers:
- 1/2 cup textured soy
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- A handfull of parsley
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Olive oil to fry (I use very little)
- Sauce: 1/4 avocado, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, dried tomatoes and (optional) a little of cayenne pepper.
- Burgur bread of your choice
- Rocket salad (or salad of your choice)
- Boil the water and remove from the heat.
- Place the textured soy in a bowl and add the boiled water all over, stir and set aside.
- Drain the water (squeeze out the extra water by hand, just a little, do not let it completely dried).
- Add all the dressings and bread crumbs and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Make two similar parts and shape the burgers.
- In a frying pan set a little olive oil (about 1 tbsp) to medium heat and cook the burgers.
- Sauce: mash the avocado, add lemon, salt, dried tomatoes and (optional) a little of cayenne pepper.
Place all the elements together and that’s it!