Valentine’s Day Desert: Carob Hearts
What a better way of saying “I love you” than with a sweet heart?
That was what my inspiration to make this Valentine’s Day desert. I love making something special to that special person (who can be me haha) this day.
You can serve these Carob Hearts as a desert or you can have them as a snack, it’s up to you!
This Valentine’s Day desert meet my requirements: easy to make, healthy and as delicious as possible.
Just an advice, if you do not have carob at home or if you prefer, you can use cacao powder intead of it. In my case I love carob and if you want to know why, check a look to this protein balls recipe, I let you know all its benefits.
I chose to serve this desert with blueberries and raspeberries, because they match perfectly, but I think an ice cream ball will do the work very good ?
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 cup oat milk (or whatever you prefer)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp. panela (or sugar)
- 3 tbsp. carob
- A pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 tsp. baking powder
- 10 pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Have a hearts mould ready.
- Smash the banana adding the lime juice.
- Then add the milk and melted coconut oil, stir well.
- Add the cinnamon, unrefined sugar, carob and salt. Stir well again.
- Add time to time the flour and baking powder. Stri well until smooth.
- Share out the mixture into the mould (do not fill each heart over 2/3). Place a pencan on each heart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until using a toothpick, this gets out totally clean.