Vegan Brownie Recipe (with avocado)
I know I know… when you read avocado and brownie in the same sentence, at first it sounds wierd. Thust me though! This vegan brownie made with a base of avocado is extremely rich. And if you are worried about the taste, no, it does not taste like avocado.
Avocado just provides texture, creaminess and consistency, in addition to making this brownie quite healthier.
I gave this delicious goodness to a few person to try it. Being true with you, I did not tell this vegan brownie is avocado based because I know somes will think it is too “exotic” to be nice and maybe no one tries it then.
¿Why a Vegan Brownie made with avocado?
I saw another versions made with banana or with a chia/flax egg but I have wanted to use avocado as part of a desert for a long time. And I thought this was the ideal chance.
On the other hand, I LOVE AVOCADO, it is great in a salad or on a toast, for example. Not only because its flavour (ands that’s a very good reason), but because its nutritional value.
Avocado is rich in Vitamines C, K, E, B5 and B6, Omega 3, potassium and also in good fatty, the monounsaturated fatty.
Even though it contains fats, do not worry! they are the healthiest fats you can have, they are well used by our body and helps it out to not accumulate fat. So avocado is good even if you are going on a diet.
So why do not manage to make a healthy sweet with this great fruit?
Finally, and just a advice, the best you can do is having a warm portion of this brownie topped with frozen berries or ice cream. And you’ll easily fall in love with it.
Vegan Avocado Brownie Recipe (6 portions)
- 1/2 avocado
- 80 gr dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp plant based milk
- 1/2 cup panela (unrefined cane sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (or more baking powder)
- 40 g chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Smash the avocado in a bowl, you can do it with a fork.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Add this to the bowl and also the milk, unrefined sugar cane, salt and vanilla and stir well.
- Add little by little the flour and baking soda. Stir until smooth and add the chopped chocolate, combine well.
- Transfer this mixture to a greased mould (I used a little bit of coconut oil).and bake for 25 minutes.