Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe
Today’s my birthday so I think this is the perfect occasion to share with you this Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake recipe.
Although today is my birthday, I celebrated a few days ago with friends and the was when I prepared this cake.
In my opinion, chocolate is always a good choice and the filling is basically a berry jam. And i have to say I love this combination, anyway you can choose another fruit to make your homemade jam.
This time I made a carob frosting but you can use cocoa powder instead, it’ll be amazing as well.
Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe (22 cm in diameter):
Cake (for one cake, you’ll need two):
- 1/2 avocado (180 gr)
- Some drops of lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup room temperature oat milk (or the one you prefer)
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar (or sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or another vegetable oil)
- 1 tbp vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 300 gr. berries
- 1/3 cup unrefined cane sugar or sugar
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup carob or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unrefined cane sugar (or sugar), you can use more if you want it sweeter
Optional: you can use toppings such as more berries, I used blueberries and almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Mix in a bowl the milk and unrefined cane sugar until it is completely disolved Add the oil, salt and vanilla, stir well.
- In another bowl smash the avocado with some drops of lemon juice (I used a fork). Add the mixture you’ve just made and stir.
- Add the baking soda until you get a foam.
- Add the hala of flour, stir and then add the other half with the baking powder, stir again.
- Finally add the cocoa powder and stir again until smooth.
- Pour out the dough into mould, use some oil to avoid sticking. Baking up to 350º for 20 minutes and then another 15 minutes up to 320º.
- Make two cakes.
- Place the berries into a pot, add water until the fruit is completely covered.
- Add the sugar and agar agar powder, bring to the boil and stir time to time.
- Once it boils, Una vez hierva, lower the heat until the minimum and leave cook for 30 minutes (stir time to time).
- Warm the milk up (1 minute in the microwave).
- Add the vanilla and unrefined cane sufra or sugar and stir until it is disolved.
- Add the carob or cocoa and stop well to avoid lumps.
Build the cake:
- Wait until the cakes are cool.
- Place one of the cake on a tray and cover it with the filling.
- Place on it the second cake.
- Spread the frosting (it should be less warm, but not completely cold). Use a palette knife to better result.
- Use toping to decorate.