Sometime I feel like having vegan donuts, but I don’t have any a nearby store or I do really prefer making my own vegan donuts at home because it’s the healthier option.
I’m sure you’ll love this delicious goodness because they are so easy to make that you won’t believe it!! You’ll need just a few minutes and also just a few ingredients to prepare them.
And one more good news, this is a refined-sugar free recipe! I already made them twice, the first time I used panela (unrefined cane sugar) and the second time I tried with agave syrup. The result was awesome in both attempts, so feel free to choose your favourite sweetener.
These vegan doughnouts are half covered with dark chocolate and some of them topped with grated coconut or with minced peanuts, so you can choose the toppings you like the most or just leave the smooth sweet chocolate cover. It is impossible to fail, so I’d say any choice will be okay 😉
The classic doughnuts are fried but, do not get mad at me please, I actually hate frying and I’m not a fried food enthusiastic and that’s my main reason to make a baked doughnut recipe. Then you’ll need a doughnut pan for this recipe, but for sure you’ll use it hundreds of times so it worths it.
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plant milk (I used oat-coconut milk)
- 3/8 sweetener of your choice (syrup or panela)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil (better coconut oil)
- Cover: 100 gr dark chocolate and 1 tbs coconut oil. Optional toppings such peanuts, peanut butter or grated coconut.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Place flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.
- In another bowl, place the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine (be sure panela is completely dissolved in case you used it). Add this mixture to the first bowl and stir well until get a smooth mixture.
- Share out the mixture into the doughnut pan, let rest for a few minutes and bake for 20 minutes. You can take a look before taking the pan out of the oven, also you can use a toothpick to be sure the doughnuts are well cooked (the toothpick must take out completely clean).
- Allow to cool. Meanwhile cut the chocolate into smaller pieces and place it with the coconut oil in a small bowl and melt using the microwave or with a water bath.
- Dip each doughnut into the chocolate and let them cool. Add toppings to taste.