Vegan lemon cake, no egg no dairy
I have to confess that this lemon cake with no eggs nor milk is my new obsession.
I’ve already made it several times since I came up with the recipe, because it’s super easy to make. You’ll occupy very few utensils, so cleaning up won’t be a problem.
As I rightly point out in the title, it is a cake without eggs or milk, so it is suitable not only for vegans, but also for people with allergies and intolerances to eggs and lactose.
Besides, can you believe that you only need 6 ingredients to make this lemon cake? So, even if your pantry is under minimums, it is very possible that you can do it without going to the store.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE A LEMON CAKE WITHOUT EGGS OR MILK:
- Juice of 2 lemons + zest
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (oat milk is great)
- 3/4 cup of icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 6 grams of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven up to 356 ºC.
- Mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, plant-based milk and icing sugar in a bowl. Stir well with a rod.
- Add the flour mixed with the baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. At some point it will be easier to do this with a spatula.
- Transfer the dough into a greased baking mould and bake for 30 minutes.
Decorate the lemon cake mixing icing sugar with lemon juice. Just make sure you make it a little thick so when you can easily pour it over the cake.