Pumpkin Bread, an extra spongy version
I have never been a big fan of pumpkin, only of my mum’s pumpkin soup. That was only until I tried this Pumpkin Bread, it is incredibly delicious and spongy!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Write a review
- 250 gr flour
- 200 gr pumpkin puree
- 125 ml oil (I used olive oil, you can use coconut oil if you prefer)
- 40 gr vegan butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup unrefines cane sugar or brown sugar instead
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp syrup (I used agave syrup)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 suchet of baking soda (8 gr)
- 1 tsp baking poder
- Pumpkin seeds to top
- Dark chocolate to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit
- Mix in a bowl the pumpkin (boil the pumpkin before, drop the water and smash it), oil, melted margarine and stir well to combine.
- Add the sugar and stir again until sugar crystals get completely disolved.
- Keep stiring and add the salt, syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking soda until get a smooth mixture.
- Finally, add the flour and powder yeast gently and whisk to combine.
- Grease the mould with a little margarine to avoid sticking and pour the dough. Top it with some pumpkin seeds to decorate and give a little saltiness.
- Oven about 45 minutes, the exact time depends on your oven, so I recommend insert a toothpick before remove out from the oven, when the toothpick is totally clean the bread is ready.
- And that's it! Just let it cool before serving. And one last tip, to keep the bread raised, before taking the bread out of the oven, open the door and let it cool for a while and, once you have the bread out, be careful with open windows because of the temperature contrast.
In My Vegan Kitchen http://www.inmyvegankitchen.com/